Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Orange Cream

Talk about an easy recipe...!


With the big romantic day looming ahead, I've baked myself silly. Time to move on and make things that one should like to eat even if they're not heart-shaped and covered in frosting and sprinkles. I stuck with red for Valentine's Day. Gotta keep with the holiday spirit, ya know?

If you're not bebuzzled at the thought of used jarred roasted red peppers, this recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Orange Cream might appeal to you. It's simple and fresh tasting and quite delicious. Shallots and jarred peppers are sauteed together (no one wants to be alone on Valentine's Day, do they?) Add a little sugar and a little broth and whir it all in the blender. Re-heat the pureed soup and add some OJ (I used fresh as the oranges around my parts are sooooo good right now.) The swirl on top is just a bit of whipping cream and orange zest. Done!

Originally from Bon Appetit, one big bowl of this soup has only 6 grams of fat and 2.5 Weight Watcher points (if you care about that sort of thing.) It would even have a little less if you left out the orange cream or used fat free half & half instead.

And since it's Valentine's Day and all... I couldn't resist swirling my orange cream into a little heart for my sweetie!

This recipe can be found HERE.

Labels: ,