Best of 2007: Side Dishes

More favorite recipes from last year... next up are Side Dishes- my restaurant- quality favorites from 2007!

Roasted Cauliflower with Tomato and Green Olives was my very favorite vegetable side dish of last year. When you roast cauliflower... it gets this wonderful smoky flavor. We just couldn't get enough of this. It was terrific with grilled steak.

This one is for goat cheese lovers like myself: Romas and Goats! The stuffing is a mixture of goat cheese, lemon and panko with a little bit of pesto. Yum!

The most decadent side dish for a dinner party: Potato- Leek Gratin with Vermont Cheddar. Our gourmet club made this dish last fall and it was the hit of the night.

This super-simple favorite is a good choice for an everyday dinner: Lemon Rice with Capers and Parsley. Sometimes the simplest of ingredients just work when they're thrown together.


I'm almost embarrased to post this picture because it's an incredibly poor shot and it doesn't do this recipe justice! Summer Gratin was such a great dish that I made it twice last year, and my friends kept serving it at dinner parties I attended. With layers of yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and freshly grated Parmesan, this side dish was a huge favorite of 2007.

If you click on any of the recipe titles above, you will be taken to the actual recipe.

Enjoy!

Labels: ,