Hoisin and Honey Glazed Pork Chops + Vegetable Stir Fry

Is there anyone else out there who is "pork chop challenged?" Every time I make pork chops, I just can't seem to get them right. I can cook tenderloin no problemo, but the chops... most often are overcooked and dry.

Here's my most recent attempt at making some good pork chops for the fam...

These are Hoisin and Honey Glazed Pork Chops- modified from Gourmet.

The recipe serves 4. I halved the recipe for my small family. Super simple. Just throw all of the marinade ingredients in a freezer ziploc with the chops and let it sit for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
When you're ready to bake, dump the chops, marinade and all, into a shallow roasting pan. I used a pyrex.

While the pork chops are baking, go ahead and make the Vegetable Stir Fry. (If you're making rice, it's time to start the rice too).

I found the most interesting little lobster-shaped piece of ginger that I just had to take a picture of! Isn't it cute? Hmmm... too bad it's not the real stuff.




So here's the rest of what you'll need for the Vegetable Stir Fry.

The ingreds. are added in three stages, so I chopped and measured into three separate bowls.

Then you saute the first batch for a coupla minutes.

Pour in the next batch and push it around until the veggies soften a bit.
Pour in the sauce mixture and saute until thickened.

Veggies done. Rice done. Pork chops done!

Dinner's ready. How did it all turn out?

I'd love to say it was all perfect but, true to my self described "pork-chop challenged" label, I baked the chops a tad too long. I used an oven thermometer and took it out at the pork -safe temperature of 160 degrees. I should have taken it out at 150 or 155 and let it rest until it rose a little higher. The marinade was very good. Sigh. I'll try them again. You should try them too as you're likely a better pork chop chef than I am!! On a rather cheery note, the veggie stir fry was incredible. We loved the sauce and the added cashews, and it went very well with the chops.
Ah well... I'll get pork chops right one of these days.

The pork chop recipe can be found HERE.
The stir fry recipe can be found HERE.

Labels: